Anything fried is delicious . . . Fried Summer Squash and Green Tomatoes
Ingredients for: Fried Summer Squash and Green Tomatoes
- 2 Medium-Large Green Tomatoes
- 1-2 Medium Squash
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup corn meal (Flour will work also)
- Seasoning to taste ( We used a dash of Salt, a dash of Pepper and Lemon Pepper)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 Tblsp Milk
Directions for: Fried Summer Squash and Green Tomatoes
- In a medium bowl Beat eggs and milk until well blended
- Slice Tomatoes and Squash into 1/4″ disk
- In a seperate flat bottom dish add corn meal and sesaoning
- In a large skillet heat oil
- Dip tomatoes and squash in egg mix
- Roll in Corn meal mix
- Fry until browned on both side turning once. Approx 2-3 minutes on each side.
- I served mine with Parmesan Cheeses sprinkled on them.
Enjoy your Fried Summer Squash and Green Tomatoes.
Thanks for Stopping by Back Roads Living again.
Taken from Back Roads Living